Thursday 23 April 2009

Posters for Coffee Shop and BTEC IT course


Shown below are the two posters which i did, both based around two different subjects.


THE COFFEE SHOP
When making the poster I used several ways to make sure that everything on the poster was layout properly and neatly leaving no room for mess or error. The first thing I did was to do the title text, this took sometime but when included along with the mug of coffee beans on the right hand side it seemed to look good.
The text though at first after being typed seemed to clash a bit with the mug so I added a stroke with a the colour white on a 1pxl distance. This meant that the text would not clash with the mug but would still look good and neatly presentable. After this I decided to add some more images, I added the coffee beans shown to the bottom right along with the black board and the strawberries. The strawberries then had the white background removed by using the magic eraser tool which automatically removed the background with one click.
After I had arranged these images to my liking I added the background image of the women, this image was resized to fit the page. The coffee beans on the bottom right though at this stage looked to apparent so I faded the edges of the image by using the eraser tool on a large pixel ratio.
After this was done, I added several rectangle shapes so that text on the poster could be presented properly. The shapes were organised in a fashion of which would be suitable for the poster, along with a few of the shapes being decreased in opacity to make them between 50% -70.
After this I managed to enter some text onto the image which said a bit about what the college coffee shop was about, I then finally added some larger text which helped draw more attention the poster and help fill in empty spaces. All of the layers on the psd were arranged so that the image placement of each one looked good and didn’t look misplaced or awkward.
The womens face on the main background image was edited using the curves tool as well to change the lighting as well as the main working being done using the hue and saturation settings.
When using the images I used some images from the digital camera, whilst other images were found on an stock image website.

No comments:

Post a Comment